Regarding Dental Treatment
What this means
We are now able to resume general and non-urgent dental treatments. Our staff will be in contact with patients who had previously been required to defer their treatments under Level 3 restrictions, to rebook. This will take us a bit of time, so please bear with us. We are working around existing appointments, but will nevertheless try to get patients seen in a timely manner.
Please keep in mind that all requirements regarding mask-wearing, the use of hand sanitiser, temperature testing, social distancing and the maximum number of patients allowed in the waiting area will remain in place.
If you are feeling unwell, a confirmed COVID case, close contact of a confirmed case or have been required to isolate for any reason, you must still defer any dental treatment until your quarantine period has ended and you have been medically cleared.
Reception hours will be from 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Each dentist aims to return to their normal, clinical hours over the coming months.
Waiting Room Protocols
Under Level 1 – these requirements will not change. We will be:
- Asking only those patients with an appointment to attend the clinic, the exception of course being children who need a parent or guardian present or anyone needing a carer or translator.
- Limiting the number of patients allowed in the waiting room to a maximum of 7 – in some cases you may be asked to return to your car. If you want, you can stay in your parked car; let us know you have arrived and we can give you a call back when the dentist is ready, eliminating the need to spend any time in the waiting room at all.
- Allocating patients as promptly as possible to their separate clinical rooms, rather than forcing patients to congregate in the waiting room.
- Temperature testing – all patients entering the premises will have their temperature checked with a contactless, forehead-scanning thermometer.
- Requiring all patients to apply sanitiser to their hands before entering and after leaving the premises. Hand sanitiser is available outside and inside the premises.
- Requiring all patients to wear a mask in the clinic. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one.
- Frequently wiping down all door handles and surfaces, and where possible barrier films are being utilised in the waiting area.
- Removing all magazines and toys from the waiting area.
For the ongoing safety of other patients and our dental team, we would ask all of our patients:
- If you are feeling unwell or are in close-contact with an unwell person OR
- If you have been required to quarantine or self-isolate for any reason OR
- If you think you may have been exposed to COVID-19…
Please make arrangements to reschedule any upcoming dental treatment.
ONCE AGAIN, ON BEHALF OF THE ENTIRE TEAM AT BERWICK DENTAL CENTRE – WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU – OUR VALUED PATIENTS – FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT, PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
For further updates: please refer to our Facebook page (Berwick Dental Centre)